Grassy Butte Historic Post Office Museum
409 Main St, Grassy Butte
Built in 1912 of logs and sod, this structure housed the Grassy Butte Post Office from 1914 to 1963. The Ukrainian-type log building was constructed by Carl Jagol and others from the community. _ e structure is significant as one of the last known examples of Ukrainian-type log and clay plaster construction in North Dakota. The inclusion of the post office in the National Register of Historic Places (1980) is an excellent sample of vernacular ethnic architecture in North Dakota and serves to illustrate the diverse contributions of ethnic groups to the rural cultural landscape of the state.