Watford City offers more than 800 hotel rooms, dozens of restaurants, and facilities that can accommodate meetings and events of all sizes, including weddings, tournaments and meets.
Event & Meeting Support
McKenzie County Tourism and the Visit Watford City team are ready to ensure your event is a productive, efficient, and memorable experience. Our services include:
- Welcome and greeting from local officials and visitor information packs
- Promotion and marketing assistance including photos, videos, and logos for your event’s promotion materials
- E-mail template featuring area highlights, community hotel, dining, and attraction information
- Connecting you with reputable event service companies or organizations
- Listing your event on appropriate community, regional or statewide platforms, including social media, watfordcityevents.com, visitor’s guides, publications and/or the North Dakota Tourism website or publications when applicable.
- Providing promotional and giveaway items (i.e., pens, lapel pins, notebooks, etc.)
- Assistance with special activity coordination like Pub Crawls and tours to the National Park, National Grasslands, and historic sites.
Watford City, in McKenzie County, is located on the western edge of North Dakota, tucked into the rugged badlands. The heart of the state’s energy boom, Watford City is centrally located between the Canadian border, the South Dakota border, and 50 miles from the Montana border.
Watford City also has a municipal airport for private planes and nearby jet service is available to Williston, Dickinson, and Minot, North Dakota or nearby Sidney, Montana.
At the end of the day, when your guests are ready to unwind, Watford City provides unexpected amenities and comforts.
When your guests are ready for fun and food, Watford City provides dozens of restaurants from sushi and casual eateries to fine dining. Take time to explore the energetic downtown and its charming shops, movie theater, ice cream parlors and coffee shops.
Finally, when you all need to rest and recharge for the day ahead, relax in one of more than 900 rooms in our stunning new hotels. You’ll find small town hospitality with big city amenities like:
- Fitness Centers
- Guest Pantries for convenience foods
- Spacious meeting Rooms
- Pools, spas and saunas
- Guest laundry facilities
- BBQ grills and picnic areas
- Business Centers
- Meeting Rooms
- Lounges and onsite dining
- Free wi-fi
- Complimentary breakfast
Be sure to incorporate some touring in your schedule. Some of America’s best-known historical figures have taken their own legendary travels in our neighborhood. Sacagawea (or Sakakawea as we call her in North Dakota), Sitting Bull, and Lewis & Clark all traveled these waters and prairies. And, of course, Theodore Roosevelt, who once said, “I would not have become President had it not been for my time in North Dakota” lived in these badlands.
Some of the “can’t miss” attractions in and around the area:
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park North Unit
- Little Missouri National Grasslands
- Watford City’s Long X Visitor Center and Pioneer Museum
- Fort Union National Historic Site
- Fort Buford State Historic Site
- Missouri-Yellowstone Confluence Center
Enjoy our unmatched scenery, legendary history, adventure all around this bustling community. As you can see this isn’t your typical meeting destination!